Thursday, February 08, 2007

America's misplaced sense of outrage

Excerpts from an MSNBC article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17050378/), no comment from me is required. Though I'd love to comment, certainly, so I'll limit myself to adding emphasis, in bold:

The New York-based American Foundation for Suicide Prevention... wants GM to pull the ad from its Web site, try to get it off video-sharing Web sites such as YouTube and apologize.

The ad is the latest from the Super Bowl to come under fire. Earlier this week, a commercial for Snickers candy bars was benched after complaints that it was homophobic. And aspiring rapper Kevin Federline apologized after a restaurant trade group said it was insulted by an ad that stared him as a fast-food worker.

"I was completely outraged," said Miller... "GM is not being a responsible citizen by airing something that so closely imitates life."

No comments: